Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 8th


Ahhhh...another week, another Monday, another daybook meme:

Outside My Window... blue sky, with wispy, white and smoke-colored clouds; green maple leaves dancing in the breeze.

I am thinking... that I miss my daughter, but am also glad for her...

I am thankful for.... a wonderful job and co-laborers who care...

From the kitchen...something by Bertoli tonight; same ingredients for muffins and biscotti are waiting to be whisked and folded..

I am wearing.....casual as usual -- even walking shoes

I am creating... a flexible and fun travel scenario for the weekend
I am reading ... "A Light In The Window," by Jan Karon

I am hoping... to complete many details and tasks today.

I am hearing... the whir of the computer, the printer spitting out page after page...

Around the house... the piano is happy after being exercised more diligently; recent rains mean grass needs to be mowed; marigolds could be repotted or actually added to a flower bed. Garage door added before the snows begin?

One of my favorite things... is to have friends over to visit and to share a meal - blessings upon blessings; cozy warm now that we're reaching overnight 40s.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Travel to western Montana; worship with friends who have begun a church plant that I support; Visit with my daughter and grandson; Enjoy hiking in the beautiful end-of-summer outdoors

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:
Adam and Boaz with "the wedding frog."
Please check out the original Simple Woman here

2 comments:

Barb Hartsook said...

I love the graphic and the musings -- I'll be back. :)

Barb

Amanda said...

Sharon, thanks so much for having us over on Sunday! I really enjoyed the fellowship and food...and I actually played (painfully ;) ) a few songs on the piano when I got home, I was so inspired by you and Melodee.