Friday, September 5, 2008

More Netflix

It was w-a-y back in June when I last posted about a Netflix movie selection that I had enjoyed.
So, this time, I simply copied off my rental history for anyone in need of a movie idea - that is "usually" quite good (I rated 95% of these three stars or more :)
-if you know Netflix, as you select a movie or tv series you're interested in knowing more about, this appears
Average of raters like you: 3.0 stars
Average of 157,427 ratings: 3.6 stars

Sometimes I shake them up, but they seem to know me well....

Some of my selections have been movie referrals from trusted family and friends; a lot are from Netflix suggestions, based on movies I've already rented, and a very few from movie trailers.
I like to mix some (limited) television series in, as they are both nostalgic and easy to watch - because the first few seasons are "usually" the best, one or two discs are all I select.

My plan is almost the cheapest per month - the one-at-a-time choice, because I find more than two movies per week to be too many.

So, here they are - enjoy any or all of them...

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, 1958

The Second Chance, 2006

Once, 2006

7th Heaven: Season 1: Disc 1, 1996

The Best of Match Game: Disc 1, 1973

House of Cards Trilogy I: House of Cards, 1990

Sense and Sensibility, 1981

Children of Men, 2006

Hot Fuzz, 2007

Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, 1992

Where Angels Fear to Tread, 1991

The Remains of the Day, 1993

Breach, 2007

Spartan, 2004

A Mighty Heart, 2007

Fierce Creatures, 1997

A Midsummer Night’s Dream, 1999

1 comment:

Barb Hartsook said...

Oh! Thank you. May I add one I just watched last night that is still foremost in my mind for the beauty of love it portrayed... Miracle in the Woods. With Della Reese and Meredith Baxter. Outstanding. (I don't know if Netflix has it -- I'll have to check. I rented this copy from our church library Sunday.)

I too love the Bronte stories -- Charlotte's Jane Eyre too. Plus all the Jane Austin stories -- all available at Netflix. :)