Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

This is one of my favorite pictures of my mom - she is seated on the left with her cousin, Gloria. This is also the only picture I have of my great grandmother, Elizabeth Karls Lutgen (second from the left in the back row.) The picture was taken in Laurel, Montana -- probably in the mid to late 1940s.

Mom is an amazing lady - and we have plans tonight for a celebration dinner with most of our family. UPDATE: 16 of us enjoyed a great dinner at the Montana Rib and Chop House that Thursday evening. Here is Mom enjoying her birthday dessert (ice cream was all she had room for, after their homestyle, chicken fried steak dinner)


My nephew and his girlfriend were able to join us for the celebration.





This was also our Father's Day celebration. Here is dad, my brother, and sweet niece.




...and, finally, my nephew and his brother in law deciding their dinner choices.

No comments: