Saturday, October 4, 2008

I took a walk today...

I love taking walks in early fall.

Crunching leaves can be very stress-relieving...
I got to greet several walkers along the way on a day that would otherwise be pretty silent :)
I heard the referee whistles, the applause and cheers of the fans, and marveled at the high school soccer competition at Daylis stadium.
I saw a 60s style Volkswagen bus that was painted with all the right slogans of that time...
I drank in the smells and colors of fall foliage, and was thankful to see many unmowed lawns like my own.
Many homes are gearing up for the Halloween holiday by decorating -- some inviting -- some, not so much...

All that in about 30 minutes -- and a mile radius -- but enough to give me a better perspective on my Saturday.

No comments: