Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 13th



Please visit Peggy's (The original Simple Woman) blog and leave a comment if you'd like...I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Outside My Window...
Snow! Lots and lots of snow...drooping maple tree branches -- cloudy sky -- windy weather.

I am thinking... that this was the largest snowfall for an October weekend in recent history...

I am thankful for.... Gas heat, warm wool socks, Netflix selections....HBO's John Adams (part one) and lots of Good Earth tea -- link sausage and bagels - and an SUV with 4 wheel drive....

From the kitchen...
John Wayne's Delight tonight with fresh tomatoes and white wine...

I am wearing... Black pants, raspberry-magenta blouse and white sweater -- blue wool socks with black shoes...

I am creating...very little lately I'm sorry to admit :)

I am reading... Still enjoying slices of Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer...

I am hoping... and praying that my tenant's furnace problem can be solved this week....

I am hearing... the voices from a downstairs office -- keyboard tapping...

Around the house... Housekeeping took a back seat this past weekend to snow removal and the furnace problem...so things are in disarray :)

One of my favorite things... Friends on furlough from Uganda -- sharing stories, introducing us to another family at the medical mission -- along with a wonderful church potluck....

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Working on details and help for the furnace problem -- anyone notice a theme here???

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:Sunday morning snowfall - BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow. Much more than I have although it isn't letting up so I suppose we'll get there, too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

A happy heart at home said...

Wow, snow already! We don't want any snow for quite a while!

~Susan