Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Parade


Thanks to C-Span, I was able to watch portions of the Inauguration festivities yesterday while I worked. I had printed out a list of the parade entrants, so I was able to watch those I was most interested in -- like the representatives from the Crow Tribe, who live near my home in Montana. Obama had visited their tribe during his campaign, and was adopted into the tribe with the name "One who helps people throughout the land." The picture above shows the group practicing for the parade -- note the snow and the not-Washington DC-background...

Although separated from the Crow representatives, our Montana delegation (Senators Baucus and Tester; Representative Rehberg; and Governor Schweitzer also rode horseback and carried our state flag.

I especially enjoyed the Obama's smiles and waves to the delegation, as they appeared before the viewing stand about halfway through a l-o-n-g parade. Here is a link to that portion of the parade...

No comments: