Monday, November 3, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook - November 3rd



For this day......

Outside My Window... a beautiful blue, and sunny Montana sky.

I am thinking... that the time change and I are friends; only two days into it, but I'm rising earlier and getting a jump on my work...

I am thankful for.... a friend who wants to help me clean and organize our church's food pantry...

From the kitchen... More homegrown tomatoes, Gala apples, red grapes, the remainder of the Harvest bundt cake from Saturday, teriyaki chicken.

I am wearing... Magenta blouse, black pants and shoes (I think this is a repeat from a past Monday post -- how funny!!!)

I am creating... less piles of paper on my desk -- or maybe they're just getting rearranged...

I am reading... Running Scared (Fear, Worry, and the God of rest) by Edward T. Welch...

I am hoping... to mow and rake the lawn this afternoon, as I should be able to leave work earlier than dusk....

I am hearing... conversations, keyboard tapping, CPU humming, and whatever slight ringing is affecting my ears today :)

Around the house... Piano sheet music that is sorted and ready for one or more new homes...

One of my favorite things... An audio clip of my grandson's voice on my cell phone - taken while he was standing on their living room chair and looking out the window. I swear he says grandma....

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Furnace installers on Thursday - WOO HOO!!! Doing all the fun landlady things to get my duplex rented by December 1st -- looking forward to my next Netflix arriving tomorrow -- it may be my choice over election returns :)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:David's youngest brother, Will, actually won my Harvest Cake, during Friday evening's Cake Walk, but it was too heavy for him to carry :)

No comments: